Born in 1898 in Monastarjiska, Galizia, Poland.
Made aliya in 1920. Designed the cemetery for war killed soldiers
near Beer-Sheba, for the British. During 1922-26 studied architecture
in the Academy of Arts in Vienna, Austria, and later in the school
of Architecture in Rome, Italy. During his study he came to Israel
for short periods and worked in the firm of Architects Y. Berlin and
Pesovsky. In 1925 took part in the competition for designing Allenby
St. and won it. His central idea was to open the street to the beach.
When graduating in Rome in 1926 he traveled in Europe, went to Berlin
and worked for more than three years for Architect Erich Mendelssohn.
During 1929-31 lived in Moscow as Architect Bruno Taut's assistant
and designed a hotel and a hospital. Returned to Israel in 1932 and
opened a new firm with Architect Israel Yeruset. At times he worked
with Architects Auto Schiller and Israel Diker. Starting 1935 worked
in the firm of Architect Ilia Belisman. Except for homes he also built
hospitals, schools, workers' houses, and Urban condos. Built also
for the Kibbutzim. Participated in many competitions and won many
of them. Was a member in "Hahug". In 1940 emigrated to the US, and
among other things taught at Yale. In 1949 got a contract for designing
the university hospital "Hadasa", Ein-Karem, and from time to time
came to Israel to supervise the construction.